About Mike Springer:
Bachelor of Music, Master of Music, University of North Texas
Extensive education in electronic music, including M.I.D.I. and digital audio production
Currently: Mike teaches all levels and abilities, ranging from beginners age 6 and above to professional musicians. Mike's students have won awards in many prestigious competitions, including:
* Mountain View Solo Piano Competition (1st place winner)
* Dallas Piano Solo Competition
* Texas Music Teacher's Association Composition Competition (1st & 3rd place winners at the state level)
* UIL Solo & Ensemble (Outstanding Soloist award)
Twenty-five years of teaching experience, along with Bachelor of Music and Master of Music degrees from the world renowned University of North Texas College of Music means that Mike's students are getting the highest level of expertise and education. A few items which sets Mike's piano studio apart from others include:
* Mike is currently an active performer as well as a teacher.
* He is comfortable teaching all ages and levels.
* His students enjoy the benefit of a home-based recording studio, allowing them to record their pieces on CD for friends and family.
* Mike is a professional classical and jazz pianist.
* He teaches beginning and advanced theory and composition.
* He is current on technology and teaches digital music production.
Adjunct College faculty
Past teaching experience includes 3 years at the University of North Texas and two years at Brookhaven College in Dallas. Mr. Springer is currently teaching as an adjunct professor at Texas A&M Commerce.
Mike's performing career began at the age of 6, when he performed "When the Saints go Marching In" on two television commercials promoting organs for his father's music store. At age 8, he played organ for the Connie Mack World Series minor league baseball club. His first hired recording studio session occurred at age 14, and he has played in recording studios for commercials and CD projects ever since.
As a classical and jazz pianist, Mike has performed in various locations, including North America, South America, and Europe.
Locally, Mike has performed both solo and with various chamber groups and local orchestras, including the Los Colinas Symphony Orchestra and the Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra. Some performances include:
* 1996 - Concerto in Dm by Mozart - Flower Mound Chamber Orchestra
* 1998 - Concerto in Em by Chopin - Flower Mound Chamber Orchestra
* 2001 - Concerto in Am by Grieg - Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra
* 2003 - Concerto in Fm by Rachmaninoff - Flower Mound Symphony
* 2004 - Broadway review performed with the Los Colinas Symphony
* 2010 - Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin - Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra
Mike has played in churches his entire life. He served at Cornerstone United Methodist Church in Garland for 16 years, and Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church in Flower Mound for 3 years. He is currently a piano substitute for various churches across the area.
Locally, Mike has a long history of playing in groups of many different styles, including:
* Pegasus (rock band in teenage years)
* The Jackie Watkins Band (country)
* The Mark Austin Band (alternative)
* The Austin Brothers (country)
* House on the Hill Band (alternative band in college) He was the drummer! * Portrait (top 40 cover band in Dallas)
* Kathryn Murray (solo vocal artist)
* Sara Angell (solo vocal artist)
* Dr. Bonneau's Prescription Jazz (jazz trio)
* Classic Jazz Quartet (jazz quartet) visit and listen here
* Reign Band (contemporary Christian) visit
Currently, Mike is currently a member of the Newhall Jazz Quartet, which performs in various establishments throughout the metroplex. Please visit
Producer - Studio Musician
Mike has produced, written and/or performed music for CD's, commercials, and various video projects. Highlights include:
* A Starlit Christmas - Christmas album co-produced by Christy Springer
* A Merry Midi Christmas - produced with the help of Mark Austin
* Meditations - A sacred album which is solo piano
* Various television and radio commercials including:
* Zales Jewelry
* Community Coffee
* The Dallas Morning News
* Florida Orange Growers
* Conoco Oil & Gas
* The Dallas Stars (cable show)
* HEB Supermarkets
* Documentary entitled "Multiple Personality Disorder" in conjunction with Dr. Paul Bonneau
* Mike has also performed on numerous CD recordings by various artists around the country.
Composer - Arranger
As a composer and arranger, Mike has written music for choral groups, marching bands, jazz bands, and solo piano. He currently is under contract with Alfred Music Publishing Co. in Van Nuys, CA. Please visit the composition page for more information.
Mike is in demand as a clinician, and has conducted lectures and workshops around the United States and Canada. Alfred Publishing in Los Angeles recently wrote about Mike that he "has had an amazing 2016 piano event season, and has quickly become one of our most requested clinicians".